공지사항
· 만희· SOM INTERNATIONAL· INTEC· 이끼앤쿤

The Christmas Adventures of Poirot Agatha Christie

페이지 정보

작성자 Dinwiddie 댓글 0건 조회 133회 작성일 23-02-20 14:03

본문

'Why Should they? 'Said George angrily.' If I were them, I would accept such a proof with reservation. Of course, a criminal can always provide an alibi for himself! It is the duty of the police to make his evidence. The evidence doesn't hold-that is, if they know how to do it. "Well, well," said Charlton, "I don't think it's our business to teach the police what to do, is it? On the whole, they They are a group of very capable people. George shook his head pessimistically. Scotland Yard should be asked for help. I'm not at all pleased with that Captain Sugden — he may be a hard worker, but he's far from talented. Mr. Charlton said, "You know, I can't agree with you.". Sugden is a good man. He doesn't show off his ability in front of others, but he is very successful in handling cases. "I'm sure the police are doing everything they can," Lydia said. Would you like a glass of sherry, Mr. Charlton? Mr. Charlton politely declined. Then, clearing his throat, he began to read the will, and all the family members were called together. He read with interest, sometimes lingering for a moment in the more ambiguous places,rapid sand filters, and sometimes savoring the legal terms with relish. He finished reading, took off his glasses, wiped them, and looked inquiringly at the assembled family members around him. Harry? Li said : "These legal things are not easy to understand. Can you tell us the most fundamental things?" "Really?" Said Mr. Charlton. "It is already a very simple will." Harry said, "My God, what's that complicated one like?" Mr. Charlton glanced at him coldly, as a sort of wordless reproach. "The main provisions of this will are very simple," he said. Half of Mr Li's property goes to his son Alfred? Mr. Lee The rest was divided equally among his other children. Harry forced a smile. "Alfred,disc air diffuser, as usual," he said, "has always had a run of good luck! Half of father's property belongs to you. ! The dog's luck is in the sky Don't you, Alfred? Alfred blushed. "Alfred is a loyal and devoted father's son," Lydia said sternly. "He has managed the business for many years and has always had all the responsibility." "Oh, yes," said Harry, "Alfred was always a good boy." Alfred said rudely, "Maybe you should consider yourself lucky. I think, Harry, Father didn't leave you anything after all!" Harry threw back his head and laughed. "You'd like it better if he took me off the note, wouldn't you?" He said? You always hated me. 。” Mr. Charlton coughed. He was so used to this uncomfortable scene after the reading of the will — so much so, unfortunately, multi disc screw press ,wall penstocks, that he was anxious to get away before the usual family quarrels came to a head. He muttered, "I think-uh-that's, that's all I need-uh-" Harry said rudely, "What about Pilar?" Mr. Charlton coughed again, apologetically this time. Eh-Miss Estravados is not mentioned in the will. Harry said, "Can't she get her mother's share?" "Mrs. Estravados," explained Mr. Charlton, "if she is still alive, will of course receive a share as the rest of you, but as she is dead, her share will be returned to the property and divided equally among you." Pilar, with a thick southern European accent, drawled, "So — I — have nothing?" 'My Dear, 'said Lydia quickly,' of course the family will notice that. ' George? Li said You can make your home here in Alfred — what about it, Alfred? We You are our niece-it is our duty to take care of you. Hilda said: 'Pilar is always welcome to come and stay with us.
” "She should have her share, she should have Jennifer's share," Harry said. Mr. Charlton grunted, "It really must be — er — gone.". Goodbye, Mrs. Lee-if there's anything I can do-er-feel free to ask me.. He ran away as fast as he could. His experience had enabled him to foresee all the factors that might constitute a family quarrel. As the door closed behind him, Lydia said, "I agree with Harry. I think Pilar is entitled to a legacy. The will was made many years before Jennifer died." "Nonsense," said George. "It's a very loose and illegal idea, Lydia. The law is the law, and we must obey it. "Of course, she's had a lot of bad luck, and we're all very sad for Pilar, but George is right, like he said, the law is the law," Magdalen said. Lydia stood up. She took Pilar's hand. "My dear," she said, "this must be very unpleasant for you. Would you like to leave for a moment while we discuss this? She led the girl to the door. "Don't worry, Pilar, dear," she said. "Leave it to me." Pilar walked slowly out of the room. Lydia closed the door behind her and walked back. The quarrel paused for a moment, everyone held their breath, and a moment later, the battle for the inheritance began with a bang. Harry said, "You've always been a bloody miser, George." George retorted, "Anyway, at least I'm not a parasite or a loser!" "You're a parasite like me. You've been fattened by your father all these years." "You seem to forget that I hold a position of great significance and difficulty,disc air diffuser, which is —" "Go to hell," said Harry. "What means so much and so difficult? You can only talk so pompously!" Magdalen screamed, "How dare you.." 。 khnwatertreatment.com