공지사항
· 만희· SOM INTERNATIONAL· INTEC· 이끼앤쿤

Thumb up _ Agatha Christie _ txt Novel Paradise

페이지 정보

작성자 Maynard 댓글 0건 조회 65회 작성일 23-02-27 13:58

본문

She never got a reply, and a week later, the envelope was returned with the words "no such person at this address." It's tiring. Said Tuppence. "Maybe they'll only stay a day or two and then leave," Tommy said. Do you have the forwarding address on your envelope? 'Please forward'? ". ' "Yes.". I'll call and they'll be sure to put the address in the hotel register. "" I'd forget it, "Tommy said." Why make such a big deal out of it? I think the old lady must have forgotten the picture long ago. "Try it." Tuppence sat down by the telephone and was soon connected to the Cleveland Hotel. In a few minutes. She went to the study to look for Tommy. That's weird, Tommy. They've never been there. 。 Nothing. Mrs. Janssen, Mrs. Lancaster, they don't have a reservation. He didn't stop there either. I think Miss Pecard has misremembered the name of the hotel. Maybe I wrote it down in a hurry, and then I dropped it or made a mistake. These things happen all the time; don't you know about them? "I don't think that's going to happen at Sunny Ridge. Miss Pecard has always been so capable." Perhaps they hadn't booked a room in advance and the hotel was full, so they had to change places. You know how it is in London. Do you have to go on making such a fuss? Tuppence walked out. After a while, she came back. I know what to do. First call Miss Pecard and ask for the lawyer's address. "What lawyer?" "You forget? Didn't she say that when the Jansons were abroad,stainless steel tile trim, everything was arranged by a law firm? Tommy was busy preparing a speech for a meeting he was going to attend recently when he murmured, "In case of such an unexpected situation, the most appropriate thing to do is to say." How do you spell'unexpected situation '? Tuppence. Did you hear what I said? "Well, very good,aluminium edge trim, very good & # 8212; & # 8212; Excellent!" & # 8212; That's amazing! & # 8212; As you wish ——” Tuppence went out and looked in again and said, ; “consistency。” "Impossible, you are mistaken." "What are you writing?" "I have to attend the speech of that meeting next week. Would you please leave me alone?" "Sorry.". Tuppence went out, and Tommy went on with his work. Just as he was pleased with how fast he was writing, the door opened again. 。“ "Yes, here it is," said the waiter. "West Second, 32 Lincoln Lane, aluminum tile trim ,stainless steel tile edge trim, Badingdale, Hailey.". Roccogie Associates. Nonsense: Hepburn O51386. The head of the company is Mr. Acus. She put the paper in Tommy's hand and said, "Then it's your business." "I won't do it!" Tommy said firmly. You have to. She's your aunt. What does Aunt Ada have to do with this? Mrs. Lancaster is not my aunt. "But this is a lawyer," Tuppence insisted. "It's a man's business to confer with a lawyer. They always think women are stupid and don't care." "A very rational view." Tommy said. Whoo! Tommy, help me out. 。 You help me make a phone call, and I'll look up the dictionary to see how to spell'unexpected situation '. Tommy gave her a look, but went ahead. When you come back, say it in a firm tone. So much for that, tuppence. "Have you found Mr. Akers?" "I spoke to a Mr. Wells, who was apparently the head of the law firm of Badingdale, Halys and Rocco, but he knew everything and was very eloquent.". All their incoming correspondence is in care of Southshire Bank, Hammersmith Branch. But tuppence, that's where all the clues go dead.
Yes, banks do convey letters, but they don't tell anyone their address. They have their principles; they stand very firmly. They are as tight-lipped as some prime ministers. "Well, I'll write a letter and ask the bank to give it to her." "Suit yourself-but please, for the love of God." Leave me alone or I'll never finish my speech. 。” "Thank you, my dear," said Tuppence. "I don't know what I would have done without you." She kissed him on the forehead. It's the best flattery. Said Tommy. It wasn't until Thursday night of the second week that Tommy suddenly asked, "By the way, did you hear back from the letter you asked the bank to transfer to Mrs. Johnson?" "That's very thoughtful of you," said the waiter with a hint of sarcasm. No. No news. She thought for a moment and then said. But I don't think there will be. "Why?" "You're not interested anyway." Said tuppence coldly. Listen to me. Tuppence. You know I'm very busy. It's all for this meeting. Fortunately, it's only once a year. It starts next Monday, doesn't it? A total of five days. "Four days." "You're going to a mysterious, absolutely secret place, to have meetings,tile trim factory, to read reports, to send young people to Europe on mysterious missions. I'd forgotten about the I. u·a. What does "s" stand for? These days, everything is abbreviated. "International Joint Security Alliance." "It's like a tongue twister!"! Ridiculous. I'm sure the place is bugged and everyone knows all about the classified conversations recorded by others. "Very likely." Tommy said with a slight smile. You must think it's funny? 。 jecatrims.com